So the blanket was finally blocked. And as I watch it hanging off the ends of my blocking mats It occurs to me I need a better blocking system and a larger space. Which isn’t all that easy to come across in an NYC apartment. Yes we turned the spare room into an office but it is a cat haven and I feel the whole point to having a home office is not to make it inaccessible days at a time to block knitting projects.
Though as I found the cat rolling around on the blanket today, I should accept that she will get into everything.
But I did finish the blanket almost two week ago. What have I been working on since? Another Dalek. This is the first one I have made for myself and with a deadline that can’t be fudged I’ve been trooping along. I made it yellow and black as I wanted it to stand out more than I anything else. I think I got that in spades. I used yarn I had lying around from my sister’s failed batman scarf and it came out very well.
I ended up finishing said Dalek yesterday at beer and knitting so at least that part of the Dragon con plan is a go.
I need to stiffen the limbs a bit more, but nothing a little pipe cleaner won’t fix then I will be done and can get to the costuming. I’ve even pulled out my knotty gloves for a bit of transition knitting as I get everything together for the new Justice League scarf.