So the Tour wrapped yesterday. I finished my Loop batt, but I’m not done spinning, as I want to ply this with the orange yarn I have been working with and that is barely started.
Though my plan is to make a hitchhiker from the yarn as I hope to have the needed yardage. We’ll see what happens. as I expect this will be the most yardage I have ever spun though I don’t know that I will make it near 500 yards let alone over it.
I still have plenty of orange to spin. Looking at how much orange I have it will likely not be done by the end of the month. Though the Loop batt is my fastest complete spinning project to date.
So what did I learn/accomplish through the Tour?
- I work faster when I draft with my right hand and turn my spindle clockwise.
- With this I will tangle the project every time I pick it up due to a habit of placing the fiber on my left side without thought. (I have spinning habits?)
- True Blood is great spinning TV.
- I think I looked at 3 posts related to the tour the entire time. Alas. Let’s try to be better for the Ravellenic Games.
- I did not spin everyday. But I did spin at least an hour any day I did.
- I did love spinning this loop batt, and I want more and think I would like to turn the remaining batt into a cowl/hat on worsted weight as it is grey whites and blues.
- This makes me want a spinning wheel even more.
- This also makes me really want to get on making a project with yarn I have spun.
We’ll see where I am by this time next year.
And I started a project on my way to the Dark Knight Rises, and while waiting in line Thurs night a bit. But we were outside in the dark, so not the best place for cables, and the line was generally mad. More working Saturday while waiting in line for IMAX. Why yes I have already seen it twice. I even got a couple more inches on the Batman Scarf.
It’s another Habitat, in the Midnight In Manhattan Color way which I thought was fitting in so many ways. I have a little more than 20 rows to finish the project and a few more rows until I start the decreases.
Spoiler Free thoughts as I understand it’s been 3 days and not everyone was quick to get to the theater. I thought TDKR was a great movie, and a good end to the trilogy, even if some things caused a raised eyebrow, it wasn’t enough to throw me out of the movie. A couple of the twists I knew but it was more from reading the comics. Though one bit of information had me going 1 + 1 =5 uh, okay Nolan & friends, we’ll let this slide. Nothing that filled me with rage, (I’m looking at you ‘Superman Returns’), and it was just as good on a second viewing when you’ve lost the tension of not knowing how things will turn out.
Anne Hathaway – Win. But I have yet to see her in something I didn’t enjoy.
JGL – Fun and packed full of surprises
Gary Oldman – Really is there any doubt? Siriusly? (sorry, sorry)
Did anyone else who knows NYC or Chicago very well have many of moment during TDKR where they went NYC, Chicago, New York, hmm. I later found out there were parts also filmed in Pittsburgh. Either way Gotham was a fun integration of a lot of my home town, and a city I hope to visit. And like during the Avengers, I still have a twitch when landmarks like the Brooklyn, Manhattan, & Willamsburg Bridge, are damaged/destroyed though it wasn’t as bad as Grand Central Station.